942 Country Club Lane
Resting serenely on more than 3 acres in California’s Sonoma Valley, this dramatic gated residence is a stunning example of Modernist architecture, incorporating Cubist and Mediterranean design influences. Representing the essence of understated sophistication, it at once complements and contrasts its just under one-acre premium Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard and its surrounding landscape.
Energy + Serenity = Perfection
The home’s interior comprises not so much “rooms” as “spaces,” not meant to be merely occupied for their utilitarian purposes, but also to be savored for their aesthetics, and appreciated for their grace and flow and ambiance of tranquil abiding. Yet, there is a palpable energy here. In the end, it offers a perfect meld of light, shadow, lines, angles, peacefulness and vivacity.
Upon entering this monument to creative minimalism, one is immediately struck by the openness and light borne of an abundance of white on walls and ceilings, a multitude of windows and French doors, recessed lighting, and floors of Spanish Porcelanosa tile. Soaring ceilings in the living and dining areas allow clerestory windows to enhance the magical radiance of the spaces, and the expansive gallery walls of the central hallway are perfect for the display of artwork. The living room is further enhanced by its fireplace with Caesarstone mantle and surround, and its access to a vineyard-side patio, perfect for al fresco dining and entertaining.
Sustenance + Calm Abiding = Contentment
Moving to the gourmet kitchen, one can imagine the chef preparing a special repast while utilizing the stainless Wolf and Sub-zero appliances, beautiful custom cabinetry, and spacious and versatile center island. While awaiting the culinary bounty, relatives and guests may enjoy the adjoining sitting room with its fireplace and vineyard view, or move to the adjacent combination play and media room.
Even the most discerning overnight visitors will be comfortable in the two convenient downstairs bedrooms, or, perhaps, in the guest suite that shares the master suite level. Both upstairs accommodations are complemented by luxury baths, fireplaces and lovely views.
In keeping with the Sonoma Wine Country’s traditional indoor-outdoor lifestyle, the home’s surrounding grounds offer numerous amenities, including a beautiful pool and adjacent two-level patio, a charming and spacious wisteria-covered pergola, a raised vegetable bed, and a patio overlooking the lawn.
- Temperature-controlled wine room
- Garage with work area, storage, and separate bicycle storage entrance
- Large laundry room
- Custom UV protected window blinds
- 16 olive trees, Meyer lemon trees and a rose garden
- Sensor-controlled exterior LED lighting
- Deer fence
A major renovation of this glorious residence was recently completed. It added over 2000 square feet of living space as well as numerous upgrades, including:
Comforts and Conveniences
- Custom built-in cabinets in the kitchen, bathrooms, playroom and one guestroom
- Caesarstone countertops and Grohe fixtures in the kitchen and all bathrooms
- Loewen windows and doors featuring extruded aluminum exteriors and wood interior frames, and awning-opening for many windows, allowing them to be open when it is raining and reversed for easy cleaning from the inside.
- Radiant heat throughout the house, with 7 control zones
- Spanish Porcelenosa tile floors that are low maintenance and facilitate the radiant heating
- Air conditioning with 3 control zones
- Music system, with hard wired speakers in the living room, dining room, playroom, front patio, pool and pergola; controlled by Sonos, with operation from an iPhone or iPad
- Six flat-screen Samsung TVs with TiVo, Sonos, and universal remote control
- WiFi distribution in all parts of the house, plus front patio, pool area and pergola
Mechanical and Equipment
- 2 boilers and storage tanks for hot water and radiant floor heating.
- Air conditioning/heating system separate from the floor radiant heat
- Pool filter, pump, gas heater and solar heating system
- Pool cover with electric opening
- Centrally-controlled lawn watering system
- Vineyard irrigation with automatic controller
- ADT security system
- Heavy duty insulation added to all flat roof areas